As 2016 came to a close, it’s time to look back AAUW’s achievements which is the ultimate hard work of all of our members and supporters. Without their support, the success of the last year would not have been possible.
- 200,000+ messages went out to state and federal legislators.
- 6 states passed new equal pay laws in 2016.
- 714 resource guides were delivered to Title IX coordinators in 29 states.
- 2,200 signatures collected on AAUW’s petition urging Anheuser-Busch to sign the White House Equal Pay Pledge.
- 44 years of Title IX celebrated with Senator Harry Reid.
- 900+ get-out-the-vote events organized by members in 46 states.
- 19 AAUW members were elected to state legislatures.
- 12,000 young women and girls were empowered through AAUW’s leadership programs.
- 11,460 women learned to ask for the salary they deserve through AAUW salary workshop negotiations